Please review the instructions and FAQ before starting the application. Most questions and concerns have already been answered there.
A Gmail account is need to complete and submit the Application
open March 1
close April 30
Congratulations on taking these steps to further your education to achieve your career goals. Upakar supports the educational and career aspirations of the Indian American community.
Upakar provides our scholars either:
- $8,000 over four years at a university ($2,000 per year) or
- $1,000 over 2 years at a community college ($500 per year) and can receive $4,000 over 2 years at university ($2000 per year).
Scholarships are renewed annually provided the scholar maintains a predetermined minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA).
For an illustration of how much a student may save in principal and interest payments, click here.
- Have either been born or have one parent born in the Republic of India
- Be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card) holder
- Plan to enroll Full-Time in an accredited, not-for-profit, 4-year university or 2-year Community College, during the FALL of a scholarship cycle (year)
- Have a prior year Family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) on the IRS form 1040 of less than $90,000
- Currently be a graduating high school senior living in the USA with a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.6 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
Our scholarship process is competitive. Please take your time to fill out the application completely and accurately. Please pay significant attention to the essays, as they will tell us the most about you and your background, your education and career aspirations.
We wish you all the best as you complete the application. Please be sure to submit the application before the deadline.
PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Your application will be held in the strictest confidence and scholar specific information contained within will not, under any circumstances, be shared outside of our scholarship committee.